a. A mother holds her children's hands for a while...their hearts forever.
-- Author Unknown
b. A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "where mother is."
-- Keith L. Brooks
c.A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
-- Tenneva Jordan
d. A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.
-- Victor Hugo
2. A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
-- Washington Irving
1. Relating to or being mother.
2. Characteristic of a mother: mother love.
3. Being the source or origin: the mother church.
4. Derived from or as if from one's mother; native: one's mother language.
v. moth·ered, moth·er·ing, moth·ers
1. To give birth to; create and produce.
2. To watch over, nourish, and protect maternally.
To act or serve as a mother.
Happy Mother's Day, and a special Mother's Day for those whom it is the first...